Title: IT Business Analyst 3
Duration: 9 Months
Location: 365 LASUEN ST., Stanford, CA 94305
- The IT department in the School of Humanities and Sciences (H&S) are a team of professionals who deliver high quality IT services in support of the mission of H&S. H&S is Stanfordu2019s most diverse school, and our service support research, teaching, and administration for departments from Applied Physics to Theater and Performance Studies. To deliver these service, we draw on a wide range of talents from the folks that make up our team. Every member of H&S IT is given the autonomy to deliver their best possible results and the opportunity to collaborate with a great team. With a portfolio of projects as diverse as our school, there are many opportunities here to do interesting and rewarding work.
- Within H&S IT, the Business Analyst is responsible for analysis of business processes and systems in support of new and existing software application projects. This includes gathering and refining end-user business requirements and communicating these to team members and partners, eliciting, analyzing, and documenting current and future-state business processes (business process mapping), providing regular status updates to team members and partners, and facilitating information sharing of H&S IT initiatives across the school and university. A Business Analyst in H&S IT must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as they will be an important point of contact and communication for the H&S initiatives they are a part of.
- The successful candidate for this role will bring an energy and passion for delivering quality services to support business needs, and a dedication to developing creative solutions and processes that promote a culture of planning, leadership and collaboration across H&S and Stanford University.
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions.
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and user needs.
- Specify functional analysis and design and work with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
- Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business systems, which may include system development, implementation and/or operations.
- Review, research and evaluate software to determine its usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed business systems; assist or develop preliminary and detailed system design documentation.
- Advise users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues regarding management and business systems.
- Analyze data and provide data sets to users for analysis. May include development of operational and analytical reports for end users.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
- Develop instructional materials, training and job aids.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise.
- Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work-flow.
- Can prepare and present data/findings in a concise and understandable format; via documentation and stand-up presentation skills (strongly preferred)
- Experience in enterprise application and understanding of database driven application.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Skill in designing and conducting training programs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skill