Role : Java Developer
Location : Chicago, IL
Interview : Phone and Onsite
Duration : 12+Months
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business value
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Proactively reaches out for help when stuck on an issue after doing reasonable independent research
- Maintain a sense of urgency when working on tasks and actively follow-up on any dependencies or blockersTypical Dayx
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
Technical Skills Required
- Five years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java or Scala.
- Proven experience in many of the following, o Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases.
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
- Strong understanding and/or experience in many of the following
- Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm
- Message brokers such as Kafka, Rabbitmq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Hands on experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
- Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms.
Soft Skills Required
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms. Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated leadership on small to medium-scale projects impacting strategic priorities